Friday, March 26, 2010

5 Faves












With thanks to
Pip!
It's taken a few days to decide and I've stayed close to home.
Here are five of my favourite blue fabrics from my fabric stash:















A beautiful vintage print I found in an op shop more than ten years ago - if I could ever design a fabric as beautiful as this I would be ecstatic. I've always wanted to frame this as wall art.















A gorgeous Japanese synthetic kimono fabric from Kimoyes (a comparatively recent purchase that I will hopefully make into a window hanging one day.)
























A vintage cotton Japanese fabric salvaged from an old tea house cushion and vintage floral cotton (forties or fifties?) from an op shop - I've made some lovely brooches from this one.



















A stunning Liberty of London cotton print that I am lucky enough to own as a dress. This piece was purchased to make an obi to wear around the waist. (Hard to believe I actually ironed this - apologies for the crinkles! )

So many fabrics waiting for some attention. I'm pleased to say it looks like I'll finally have the time to sew some of them - yay!

1 comment:

  1. wow!
    they are all equally beautiful.
    I would definitely frame the first one too, although I have a fabric that is waiting to be framed and its been years. I have the canvas so no excuse either...

    ReplyDelete